This Inverallan Limited Policy is approved by the Inverallan Limited Shareholders: it represents the Inverallan Limited Shareholders direction to the business on this topic. Compliance with this policy is mandatory through Inverallan Limited processes and people behaviors to the commitments below.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation and this policy we are the ‘data controller’. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you.
Personal data is defined as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural living person – a ‘data subject’.
Who we are:
When we say ‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’, we are generally referring to Inverallan Limited.
Inverallan Limited is registered in Scotland with company number (228791).
Registered office: Unit 2A Castle Street Industrial Estate, Alloa, Clackmannanshire, Scotland, FK10 1EU
What personal information is collected?
Typically we collect:
· Names, addresses, personal and business contact details
· Tax codes (Employees Only)
Bank account Details
· Details of contact we have had with you in relation to the supply, or the proposed supply, of our products
· Details of any products you have received from us
· Our correspondence and communications with you
· Information about any complaints and enquiries you make to us
Why we collect this personal information?
The personal information collected is strictly necessary information that can be processed to help understand and meet your needs. We collect, process and store personal data in relation to individuals, data subjects associated with businesses, for our service suppliers, subcontractors and their associates, along with our professional contacts and individuals from other organisations.
Inverallan Limited collects and stores personal data for a number of reasons, such as:
· When you contact us by email, telephone or post to enquire about our products
· To understand your needs and how they may be met
· To fulfil our contractual obligations where you may be an employee, a subcontractor, a supplier or customer
· To manage our relationship with you
· To verify identification where required
· To communicate with you by post, email or phone
· To maintain client and administrative records
· To process financial transactions and applications
· To meet legal, regulatory and ethical responsibilities
We are committed to ensuring that the information we collect, use and store, is appropriate, is not excessive, is accurate and up to date, is not retained for longer than required and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
You can request, change, restrict, make portable or erase certain personal information depending on the guidelines set out in our retention policy and data register.
Who has access to your information?
We will generally comply with requests for specific information from regulatory and law enforcement bodies where this is necessary and appropriate.
We also share your personal information with our service delivery partners to enable them to assist in the delivery of support services when required.
Account Creation & Cookies
We collect information from you when create an account, place an order, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
If you have created an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Our legal basis for processing
We may process your personal data for the purposes of our own legitimate interests provided that those interests do not override any of your own interests, rights and freedoms which require the protection of personal data. This includes processing for marketing, business development, statistical and management purposes.
We may process your personal data for certain additional purposes with your consent, and in these limited circumstances where your consent is required for the processing of your personal data then you have the right to withdraw your consent to processing for such specific purposes.
We may also process your personal data for the purposes of a contractual agreement i.e. as it is necessary for the contract.
We may also use your information for marketing purposes. Marketing information can be received by telephone, mail or email.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information please opt-out via email and we will ensure you will be taken off the marketing information list.
We will never pass your information onto third party marketing companies.
· Inverallan Limited processes personal data securely by means of appropriate technical and organisational measures
· Inverallan Limited undertakes an analysis of the risks presented by our processing, and uses this to assess the appropriate level of security we need to put in place
· Inverallan Limited understands the requirements of confidentiality, integrity and availability for the personal data we process
· Inverallan Limited understands that we may also need to put other technical measures in place depending on our circumstances and the type of personal data we process
· Inverallan Limited makes sure that we can restore access to personal data in the event of any incidents, such as an appropriate backup process.
We only keep your personal information for the minimum period amount of time necessary. Sometimes this time period is set out in the law, but in most cases it is based on the business need.
Can I find out the personal data that Inverallan Limited holds on me?
Inverallan Limited, at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Inverallan Limited does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
· Identify the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data
· The purpose of the processing.
· If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Inverallan Limited or a third party, information about those interests.
· Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to
· How long the data will be stored
· Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing
· Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time
· Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data
· The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Inverallan Limited accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
· Passport or driving licence plus a bank statement or utility bill (dated within the last 3 months)
We will normally respond to your request within one month of it being received. However, in some cases, we may need to extend this to three months. We will always write to you within one month of receiving your original request to tell you if this is the case.
A copy of your personal data is usually provided free of charge. However, we can charge a ‘reasonable fee’ where we find that the data requested is excessive or unfounded and in particular if the request is a repetitive one.
Queries or Comments
We hope that you will not need to complain about how your personal data is being processed by Inverallan Limited or by third parties associated in delivering our services, or how your complaint has been handled. If you want to, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly to the Company Director.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Company Director, Inverallan Limited, Unit 2A Castle Street Industrial Estate, Alloa, Clackmannanshire, Scotland, FK10 1EU
UK Data Protection Regulator, The Information Commissioners Office (‘ICO’), Wycliffe House, Water Lane,Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or visit https://ico.org.uk/concerns